Tuesday 6 December 2022

December 6, 1992: I made Nancy put some warmer footwear on our daughter before I took her out


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday morning I was awakened by a call from Nancy asking when I was coming to get the baby. I told her I was on my way, but she said for me to just get ready, and she would call me back to let me know if her sister Susan could bring her down. But Susan said she couldn't, so I headed up and got there around 12:30. I made Nancy find some warmer footwear for her. Once we were in the subway station, we took the Warden bus to Gerrard. She made me go into a donut shop and then we walked past Main and then south. On the way she fell asleep in my arms. I put her to bed and then went out to get some groceries. I took a shower and then worked on astrological charts until she woke up. Nancy called and said she wanted me to hold onto her for a while. 
            I waited until 20:30 and despite the fact that Nancy wasn't home I got my daughter ready and caught the bus. I called again from Main Station, and she was home. I wanted her to pick the baby up at Bamburgh so I could catch the same bus south again. She said to phone again from Warden Station but the line was busy, and the bus was there so I caught it. At Bamburgh the driver was going to sit for nine minutes and so I called Nancy, and she was there in three.

No comments:

Post a Comment