Saturday 31 December 2022

December 31, 1992: My daughter had a new habit of screaming in a high pitched voice when she wanted something


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I got up around 8:30 and my daughter stayed asleep until 11:00 or so. After I fed her breakfast she got restless. I got her ready and we went downtown to pick up my cheque from the Toronto Board of Education. I deposited that and my Canada Post cheque into my chequing account, so then I was only $55 short for the rent. I met Nancy at Eaton Centre and we went looking for a Christmas present for our daughter from her. We went to Eaton's Toyland and spent a lot of time but she didn't find anything. We went to the Olive Garden where she bought me a beer and some toasted ravioli. The baby had this very annoying new thing where she would scream in a high pitched voice whenever she wanted something. Nancy said she would lend me some money to help pay the rent and everything. She took our daughter to some "friends" she didn't know for New Years Eve and I went home feeling very depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment