Monday 5 December 2022

December 5, 1992: It was cold so I carried my daughter under my coat


Thirty years ago today 

            I went to bed on Saturday morning and woke up to find the baby gone. A second later she appeared in the doorway and came back to bed. I gave her the bottle and she went to sleep again. I got up at around 11:30 and she slept until almost 13:00. I made her oatmeal and toast for breakfast. We danced for a while and then I took her for a walk. We spent about half an hour in the toy store and then I bought her a pretzel. We walked to the health food store where she picked out some granola. She ate it out of my hand as we walked up Woodbine, but it was getting cold and so I tried to put the granola away. She started crying and so I kept it out, but a little later she was crying even with the granola and so I knew her hands were cold. I picked her up and carried her under my coat and she fell asleep. After we got home and I put her to bed, Nancy called. She wanted me to keep her overnight again, but I didn't think it was a good idea, so we arranged for me to bring the baby to her at Scarborough Town Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment