Thursday 22 December 2022

December 22, 1992: Nancy was more concerned about getting presents for my family Down East than I was


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I called Humber College at noon, and they said I could come to get my cheque. I had to pick up my daughter from Nancy at 14:30 or so. I changed her, then went to the bank to withdraw my money. We took the subway to Wilson Station and then caught the bus to Humber College. I picked up my cheque, bought my daughter some food and then we got back on the same bus. I cashed my cheque while she was sleeping in my arms. I bought the tickets to New Brunswick with her still asleep and carried her to Eaton Centre. Nancy found us and then we went to Black's Cameras to develop the film and the negs. I told Nancy that I was taking the baby to the Hudson's Bay toy department, but she didn't hear me. I waited there for an hour while my daughter played. I went back to the Eaton Centre to look for Nancy. We argued when we finally met later, and she started crying. Anyway, we reconciled and went to The Papaya Hut. Nancy was more concerned about getting presents for my family Down East than I was. The film we developed was from Halloween and we printed some to take to New Brunswick. I went home to get ready for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment