Thursday 1 December 2022

December 1, 1992: The super told me I wasn't authorized to have a dehumidifier in my damp apartment


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday night I got home to find that the design that I'd drawn on the blackboard that I'd hung outside my apartment had been erased. There was a message from Carl written in its place telling me to put the rent in my mailbox. I was really pissed off, but I wrote a $500 cheque post dated December 5 with a note about the dehumidifier. I added another note to Carl explaining why he shouldn't erase things that look like someone else put work into them. 
            I got up on Tuesday at around 9:30 and went out to buy some oranges. On the way I put the cheque and the notes in the mailbox. I went to work at Northern Secondary School and when I came back the cheque and the notes were still in my mailbox. I did some cleaning, took a shower, and redrew the design on the blackboard before leaving for my gig at the Ontario College of Art. When I came home it was erased again and there was a message from Carl telling me not to accuse him of erasing things because he didn't do it. He also said that I wasn't authorized to have a dehumidifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment