Sunday 18 December 2022

Nasty Shepherd


            On Saturday morning I memorized the seventh verse of "J'ai pas d'regret" (I've No Regrets) by Boris Vian. There are three verses left to learn. 
            I sang and played "Lingerie Chic", my translation of "Les dessous chic" by Serge Gainsbourg, then I published it on my Christian's Translations blog. I listened once to Gainsbourg's song "Baby alone in Babylone" and I'll start memorizing it tomorrow. I've found that I've done two translations of this song and so I put them together and I'll decide which one is better. I think the most recent is probably the best. 
            I weighed 83.9 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning I went to the supermarket. On the way there along Queen Street I passed a bus shelter where an old man with a cane and his big German shepherd were sitting. I've seen them around the neighbourhood a few times and they were nearby once when I was standing in front of my place and talking to my neighbour. A skateboarder rode by and the dog wanted to attack him. It was all the old guy could do to hold him back and as he struggled with the leash he almost knocked me over with his hind quarters. This time as I rode by on my bike the shepherd behaved in the same way towards me. It's nice that the elderly man has a companion but it may be just a matter of time before the guy is too frail to hold the big dog back from hurting someone. 
            At No Frills all the grapes were too soft and so I bought a crate of clementines. I also got a pack of chicken drumsticks, white corn and black bean salsa, a can of Folgers coffee, and two small containers of skyr. 
            I weighed 84.3 kilos before lunch. I had saltines with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade. 
            I took a bike ride downtown and back. 
            I weighed 83.9 kilos at 16:50. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:16. 
            I worked on my Medieval Literature essay for almost three hours. I finished the conclusion and the intro and started writing the outline. I've got almost five pages and need one more so if the outline isn't a page long I'm going to have to expand the body a bit with more examples. 
            I made pizza on naan with Basilica sauce, a crumbled beef burger, and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching season 3, episode 6 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Granny is in one of her bad moods and spoiling for a fight with even anyone who tells her to have a nice day. She is also making lye soap, the smell of which causes Mrs. Margaret Drysdale to come and tell her to stop or she will throw the cauldron in the pool and Granny along with it. That is all that Granny needs to attack, but Jed intervenes and leads Margaret away. 
            Margaret goes to the bank to complain that Jed manhandled her but Jane tells her a story to prove what a gentleman he is. She says that at Mammoth Studios, which Jed owns, an actor threw herself at Jed, then after he found out she was married he stopped going to the studio. 
            Suddenly Margaret gets an idea. She will make a pass at Jed and it will cause him to move back to Tennessee. But the first time she tries he doesn't understand. Then Granny reminds him of when he was the Cass County lady killer twenty-five years ago. The second time Margaret tries she is less subtle and she is chasing Jed around the house. He goes to the bank to tell Mr. Drysdale he is going back to Tennessee but he is not there. Jane realizes the game that Margaret is playing and explains it to Jed what he has to do. Jed simply returns Margaret's advances and it causes her to run away. 
            I searched for bedbugs and didn't find any. 
            I worked on my essay before bed. I got it to five and a half pages and I don't think I'll have too much of a problem reaching the six-page limit on Sunday, then cleaning it up, smoothing it out, and emailing it to the professor. Then I'll have to resume working on my English in the World essay, which will be two days late by the time I finish the Medieval Literature paper but I'll still have seven grace days left and I don't think I will need more than another two or three. I've never had to write essays this close to Christmas. I want to get something for my daughter but if I buy it in the middle of this week it might be too late to even get it to her by express before Christmas. I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run. Traditionally, Christmas gift giving only started on Christmas day and lasted into the first week of January.
    I searched for bedbugs and didn't find any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment