Wednesday 14 December 2022

December 14, 1992: My spirits were lifted when Canada Post called me to work at midnight


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I got a call from Canada Post to work at 0:30 on Tuesday and so my spirits were lifted. I was thinking that I would only need five nights of work to be able to afford to go to New Brunswick with Nancy and my daughter. I thought it would be nice to have my snowstorm-canceled driving test rescheduled for before Christmas, but it looked like we would be taking the bus. I called Marie and she was upset because her mother was delirious. Nancy came down to my neighbourhood so we could take our daughter sliding. Then we went to the Greek place to eat. When they left, I rode with them to Warden Station to say goodbye to my daughter. When I got home it took me one and a half hours to clean my place after spending the weekend with the baby. I left for work at around 11:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment