Tuesday 13 December 2022

December 13, 1992: I was going to look for a Christmas tree but my daughter made me take her sliding


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I got up on my daughter's encouragement at around 11:00. She ate better than the day before and after I danced with her for a while, I got her dressed to go out. I was going to look for a Christmas tree, but she made me take the toboggan, and so we went sliding in the ravine. She had a blast and I got soaking wet. She kept on wanting to ride on other people's sleds, which we did two times. We were there for at least a couple of hours, and she whined when we left. Then she went to the playground and went down the slide a few times. I put her to bed at around 16:00 with some protest. Nancy had told me on Saturday that she would be picking her up at 18:00 but she didn't. When I called her, she said she'd forgotten all about it, and so I had to take my daughter back to Scarborough. She made me take the sled and, on the way, I lost her hat, so I had to go back for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment