Tuesday 27 December 2022

December 27, 1992: The owner of Ben's Delicatessen in Montreal told me they love to have children do whatever they want because they're future customers


December 27, 1992 

            When we got to Montreal early Sunday morning Nancy decided she didn't want to spend that much time there. So we just went to Ben's Delicatessen and had bagels and blintzes while our daughter ran around. The maître d' gave her a little plastic piggy bank and I gave her a penny to put inside but she whined when it wouldn't come out. I talked to the owner who told me that they love to have children there and to let them do whatever they want because they are future customers. We walked back toward the station and stopped at that tacky Cathedral Place for a while. We had just enough time for me to get a coffee while Nancy got the stuff out of the locker, then I grabbed my daughter and took her on the bus. There was a twenty minute stop on the way back to Toronto so not enough time for lunch. Nancy and my daughter got off in Oshawa and I had to carry the car seat as well as my stuff. I got off at Scarborough Town Centre instead of downtown and it worked out better for getting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment