Wednesday 21 December 2022

December 21, 1992: I was very depressed over Christmas and money


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday morning there was no work at Canada Post. I called Marie to find her phone was disconnected and so I was depending on her to get in touch with me. I still couldn't unravel those Christmas lights. I finally got it done later only to find that they didn't work. I felt very depressed over my phone, money, and Christmas. It was so bad for a while that I couldn't function. I felt better later on but not much. I called Humber College about picking up my paycheque on Tuesday. I got a message from Lawrence Roberts that my new driving test would be on January 15. Mike Copping came by with two presents for my daughter, a comic book for me, and a Toblerone for Nancy. He went to bed early while I stayed up with a drink of brandy and read the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment