Wednesday 22 February 2023

Black Squirrel with a White-tipped Tail


            On Tuesday morning I listened to the only two recordings that seem to be available of "Fugue" by Boris Vian to compare them and figure out how to learn the rest of the song. They are slightly different but both are missing three lines that I have in text form. I'll just have to guess how those lines might be sung and finish memorizing the song. 
            I memorized the third verse of "Love On the Beat" by Serge Gainsbourg and made some adjustments in my translation to fit the internal rhyme. 
            The black squirrel with the white tipped tail is extremely aggressive with many of the other squirrels and often chases them along the wire. It's faster than most of the others too. 
            I weighed 84.3 kilos before breakfast. 
            I read up to page 143 of Frankenstein. There are only about 80 pages left and then I'll start working on my presentation for March 7. 
            I weighed 84.4 kilos before lunch. 
            I took a bike ride to Bloor and Bathurst in the afternoon and on the way home stopped at Freshco where I bought three bags of cherries. Katarina the cashier asked, "No grapes?" I said, "They're all soft." The cherries weren't in great shape either. 
            I weighed 84.5 kilos at 17:15, which is the most I've weighed at that time in a week. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:54. 
            I got up to page 194 in Frankenstein. After hearing his creature's story, Victor agrees to create a mate for him. He travels to Britain to do it and sets up a lab on an island in Scotland. He creates the female version of the creature but at the last minute destroys her. But the creature is watching and tells Victor that he'll see him on his wedding night. Victor goes out on the ocean to dump the remains but is caught in a storm. He ends up in Ireland where he is arrested for murder. He discovers that the corpse is his friend Henry. Victor spends three months in prison before evidence acquits him. His father takes him back to Geneva to marry Elizabeth. There are thirty pages left. Of course I've read this book several times already. 
            The landlord came with the fixtures. He wrestled with installing the new kitchen faucet all through me making dinner, eating dinner and washing up. He decided not to install the bathroom fixture until Friday. 
            I had a potato with gravy and a beef pie that had been in my freezer for months. I ate while watching season 5, episode 7 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            This is a continuation of the previous story. The gorilla that the Clampetts freed from the zoo has been in constant conflict with Granny because she is trying to force it to do chores. Finally he picks her up and throws her smashing through the front door to land outside in the driveway. She gets up and asks, "Had enough?" The gorilla runs away. 
            The Clampetts all decide they miss the other gorilla, Herbie, although they don't realize that Herbie is Tom Kelly in a gorilla suit. Jed comes to see Drysdale about it while Tom is there in his office. It is agreed that Herbie will come and stay with the Clampetts but he has a special diet and can't do chores. Herbie makes himself Elly May's pet so he can watch her swim and dance with her. Jed and Granny think the food Herbie is eating is a form of cruelty. There are snails, toadstools, and giant red spiders. The "spiders" are crabs and they wouldn't look any different from the crawdads that the Clampetts eat. Granny has also made toadstool soup on several occasions. 
            Jed tells Drysdale to tell Tom that he wants to buy Herbie from him. When no one is looking Tom takes off the mask and tells Drysdale to put on the suit. He'll just turn down Jed's price and they can leave together. But when Jed offers Tom $10,000 he takes it and drives away, leaving Drysdale in the gorilla suit to do chores. Drysdale runs after the car. 
            I searched for bedbugs and found one clinging to the side of a groove on the lower right side of the outer edge of the frame of the old exit door at the head of my bed. It was black and didn't look alive. It fell like a piece of dirt and it was dry and fairly dark inside. I shouldn't be finding any since pest control sprayed the spores over a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment