Tuesday 21 February 2023

February 21, 1993: I took my daughter sliding but she just played with her shovel


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I got up at around 9:30. Nancy's mother brought my daughter down at 10:30. She was glad to see me and right away wanted to play with tools. I wanted to take advantage of the snow and so I gradually got us both ready and we went out. She took her shovel and broom with her and didn't seem interested in sliding. She just shoveled snow for an hour and went back in by her own choice. We played, had some breakfast and I put her to bed for her nap at about 14:30. While she was sleeping I cleaned up, read some old funnies, and chronologized some historical data. I was cooking when she woke up at around 18:00 and she just wanted to be held for the first fifteen minutes. She wanted to play before we ate. At 20:00 I took her through the snowstorm back to her mother's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment