Tuesday 14 February 2023

Uriah Heep


            On Monday morning I had the first nineteen lines of "Fugue" by Boris Vian memorized. I still can't make out the next two lines. Multiple sites seem to have posted the same incomplete set of lyrics. I assume one did it first and the others just copied them. 
            I memorized the third and fourth verses of "Je t'aime idiot" (I Love You Stupid). There's only one more verse to learn and that's repeated along with the first verse. Tomorrow morning I'll probably be finishing my essay but on Wednesday I should have this song nailed down. 
            I weighed 85.2 kilos before breakfast, which is the heaviest I've been in the morning in 42 days.
            I've been listening to the Uriah Heep discography that features their first lead singer, David Byron, from the beginning and now I'm up to the fifth album, The Magician's Birthday, which I've had on vinyl since the 70s. Their early stuff is okay but The Magician's Birthday has an amazing collection of songs. The stuff before that doesn't sound much different than Deep Purple other than the fact that Deep Purple is overall a better band, except for The Magician's Birthday. 


            I worked about an hour on my essay, mostly editing and polishing the body and smoothing out the connections between paragraphs. 
            I weighed 85 kilos before lunch. 
            I tried to take a siesta but I don't think I slept. I did reach the pleasant floating sensation that occurs just as one is about to go to sleep. I stayed in bed for 69 minutes instead of the usual 90. 
            I took a bike ride to Bloor and Ossington. 
            I weighed 84.5 kilos at 16:30. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:00. 
            I spent more than two hours on my essay. I got the body polished up and started working on my conclusion. But the conclusion will need to be stretched out to a whole page because this is supposed to be a five page paper. 
            I grilled a pack of chicken drumsticks. I made redeye gravy from the roast beef drippings and coffee. It was pretty pungent so maybe I shouldn't have used coffee as strong as I drink. I tried to fix it with lots of salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce but they didn't help. Finally I was able to soften the taste somewhat with a few big spoonfuls of honey. I had a potato, two small drumsticks and some gravy while watching season 4, episode 31 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            It's time for Granny's tonic again. She wants to give some to Dash Riprock so he'll propose to Elly before she's over the hill. I think she's been 18 for four years. 
            Meanwhile Jane thinks Professor Biddle has proposed to her by carrier pigeon because he asked her to be the mother of his nestlings. But it turns out that he has a condor egg he wants her to hatch. She wants him to propose at least so she can turn him down and so she gets some of Granny's tonic and spikes his canteen of mountain spring water. But after he drinks it Elly walks in. He follows her home and then climbs a tree and stays up there while chirping like a bird. He falls out of the tree and later climbs it again. Jane arrives and drinks some tonic so she can climb up and bring him down. He proposes to her and she turns him down but they announce that they have become foster parents of a condor hatchling. 
            Drysdale is trying to leave town because Granny has delivered tonic to his wife and now she is amorous. He accidentally drinks some tonic and then heads home yelling like Tarzan. 
            I searched for bedbugs and unfortunately found one in the lower part of the corner of the walls that meet at the corner of the head of my bed. I dug it out of a crack and its guts were black and so it wasn't healthy but it's very disappointing to find any a month after the spores were sprayed. This time I only made it seven days without finding one and before that I went eleven days.

No comments:

Post a Comment