Sunday 12 February 2023

February 12, 1993: After my daughter woke up downtown she started pointing at stuff and laughing


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning I worked for the Ontario College of Art in the Stuart Building finishing the costume pose that I'd started the week before. At noon I headed up to The Hudson's Bay Company at Yonge and Bloor to wait for Nancy. She was a little late and told me that my daughter was asleep in the car. So we bundled her up and she woke as soon as I picked her up. She was disoriented at first but soon she was pointing at stuff and laughing. I took her to OCA to pick up my cheque and then we went to George Brown College where we waited around half an hour only to find out that they'd mailed my cheque. We took the streetcar east to Kingston Road where we got off so I could go to the bank machine. We went to the liquor store where I bought three cans of imported beer. My daughter insisted on carrying two of them and when we got home she reached up and placed them on the counter all by herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment