Monday 20 February 2023

Leon Ames


            On Sunday morning I memorized the first verse of "Love on the Beat" by Serge Gainsbourg. 
            I weighed 85.3 kilos before breakfast, which is the heaviest I've been in the morning in 48 days.
            I read the first few sections of Frankenstein that take the form of Captain Walton's letters to his sister. There is the account of the crew's first sighting of the creature in the Arctic and their rescuing of Victor Frankenstein. He's about to start telling his story. 
            I weighed 85.2 kilos before lunch. That's the most I've weighed at that time in two weeks. I had saltines with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Bloor and Bathurst. 
            I weighed 84.4 kilos at 16:45. 
            The landlord still hasn't come to fix the leak in my kitchen, so I still have to use the little bathroom faucet and sink for everything. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:34. 
            I spent almost two and a half hours reading Frankenstein and made it to page 75. A few months after rejecting his creation because it was not beautiful, Frankenstein learns that his younger brother has been murdered. 
            I made pizza on naan with Basilica sauce and five-year old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching season 5, episode 5 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            This story is the aftermath of the previous one. The con artist Colonel Foxhall has been apprehended but his accomplice Rita Rio is still on the lam. Lieutenant Richards brings Foxhall to Jed for him to be identified but there is confusion. Foxhall tells them that Richards is the fraudster and so the cop is taken to the basement and spanked by Granny. 
            Meanwhile, Rita, still posing as Emaline, convinces Jethro to help her evade the police. He hides her in a guest room and she asks him to help turn her into a city girl so she won't be recognized. Of course she already is a city girl but Jethro still thinks she's a dumb country girl. She changes to a sexy dress, puts her hair up, and puts on make-up and Jethro doesn't recognize her. She says she needs a city name and Jethro says, "How about Chicago?" She says, "I mean a Christian name" and Jethro says, "How about St. Louis?" 
            Rita goes to Mr. Drysdale posing as a special investigator. She brings Emaline's cuckoo clock camera and demonstrates how Emaline got the incriminating photos of Jed by getting incriminating photos of Drysdale. Later Colonel Foxhall comes to Drysdale with the photos and says he needs to pay $50,000 for them or Emaline gives copies to his wife. But then Jed walks in with the copies that he intercepted from Emaline. Emaline tells the Colonel that they'd better cooperate since she already got a spanking from Granny. 
            Colonel Foxhall was played by Leon Ames, who toured with amateur theatrical companies for years before making it to Broadway. In his first film he had a co-starring role in "Murders in the Rue Morgue". He co-starred in "Stowaway". He starred in "Cypher Bureau" and "Panama Patrol". He co-starred in "By the Light of the Silvery Moon". He starred in the sitcoms "Life With Father" and "Father of the Bride". He played Gordon Kirkwood on 40 episodes of "Mister Ed". He was one of the 19 actors who formed the Screen Actors Guild and served as president for twelve years. He owned four Ford dealerships. 




            
            For the third night in a row I found no bedbugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment