Tuesday 14 February 2023

February 14, 1993: I refused to leave my identification with Cash and Carry Flowers so they refused to let me work


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday morning when I went to sell flowers the guy asked for my identification. I lied and told him I hadn't brought it so he said I couldn't work. There was a long discussion with the boss, who was quite nice but told me he couldn't do anything about it. I offered to show my identification without leaving it with them but they wouldn't accept that. I offered to leave my library card because I didn't care about that but they wanted my government issued identification. I sat there until 11:30 hoping they would come to their senses and then I left. I called Nancy to tell her I was coming to pick up my daughter. We had a good time together. My daughter was really a tool oriented person and got very excited about using real hammers, screwdrivers and pliers. She fell asleep on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment