Wednesday 22 February 2023

February 22, 1993: In the aftermath of the storm the subway train spent about five minutes at every station


Thirty years ago

            On Monday morning the aftermath of the snowstorm wreaked havoc on public transit. I could see the streetcar was stuck down the road and so I caught the bus to the subway. But the train crawled and spent about five minutes at every station. I was surprised that I was only half an hour late for work at the Ontario College of Art. It was the third week of posing in the post-apocalypse-themed set. We got started an hour late and the other model, Diana Dufretes told me about a vivid, mystical vision that she'd had. Something about a dancing golden god passing rings from limb to limb. Throughout my lunch break I wrote in my diary. The teacher started the afternoon with a glazing demo, during which time I got caught up. I got Diana's birth data except for the hour, which she said she would find out. I learned that she had a boyfriend. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment