Saturday 18 February 2023

Carol Booth


            On Friday morning I added to my Boris Vian lyric text the transcription that Cy Strom gave me of the missing line of "Fugue". It sounds like it fits and I'll try to memorize the song at least up to that line tomorrow. 
            I finished working out the chords for "Je t'aime idiot" (I Love You Stupid) by Serge Gainsbourg and ran through the song in French. Tomorrow I'll test singing and playing my translation and then upload it to my Christian's Translations blog. 
            I weighed 84.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            I dug an unused plastic planter from under the sink, put some broken bricks in the bottom, filled it with soil and planted a clip[ from my aloe vera in it. I took it upstairs to David's place, dug one of his many plates out from his cupboard to catch the drainage and put the plant in his window beside the rosemary that seems to have died. Maybe it was forward of me to do all that when I'm just supposed to be looking after his place but I felt bad about the rosemary dying under my watch. If he likes the aloe vera it will probably outlive him. 
            I finished reading the first chapter and most of the second chapter of A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft. I copied some parts that talk about the education of women to use in my presentation on Frankenstein by her daughter Mary Shelley. 
            I weighed 84.1 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Bloor and Bathurst. 
            I weighed 84 kilos at 17:15, which is the lightest I've been at that time in ten days. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:55. 
            I finished reading chapter 2 of A Vindication of the Rights of Woman and then I skimmed through the rest of the book. I made some notes but there wasn't as much there as I'd expected to parallel women's education in the Georgian era with the creature's education in Frankenstein. It might be enough though for my presentation. I started reading the introduction to Frankenstein
            I had a potato with redeye gravy, and two chicken drumsticks while watching season 5, episode 3 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Jethro is in love with the drive-in waitress Suzy, but she hates him. Jed suggests that he get some love advice from Dash Riprock. Dash advises him to get a convertible and suggests that he invite Suzy on a double date with him and Elly May. 
            Jethro gets a nice looking retro convertible, but it's in bad shape and the engine falls out when he hits the hood. I made a screenshot and searched the image and it looks like it's a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Elly fixes it and this is the first indication after five years of the show that Elly has any kind of mechanical aptitude. 
            Jethro goes to the drive-in to ask Suzy out but she rejects him until he mentions Dash Riprock and she says she'll go. The two couples go to a drive-in theatre but the movie is a cheap monster movie. Apparently it's a real Danish film from 1961 called "Reptilicus". Lots of things go wrong. Jethro is eating and he eats through the speaker wire. He tries to put the top up and it gets stuck, blocking the view of those behind them. 
            Later Dash offers Jethro to invite Suzy over to his own bachelor pad. She comes so she can tell her friends she was in Dash's apartment but she leaves when the Swamp Monster movie comes on TV. Dash comes for a date with Elly and she gets him to pull taffy. Jane bursts in to save Elly from the clutches of Dash and when she hears Elly tell him to let go and he says he can't, Jane thinks he's being a masher and she hits him. Then she goes to save Jethro and finds him alone. Then she makes Jethro show her what Dash taught him, but he decides to eat hamburgers instead. 
            Suzy was played by Carol Booth, who was a British actor, who appeared on television over there a few times, including one episode of Coronation Street. She moved to the States and showed no trace of an accent on this episode. She played Blossom on two episodes of T.H.E. Cat, and a appeared on a few other TV shows. 




            I searched for bedbugs and found none.

No comments:

Post a Comment