Friday 24 February 2023

February 24, 1993: The instructor was impressed with how I jumped into a great pose and held it steadily so long


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I worked in the sculpture studio of the Ontario College of Art all day. The teacher was very impressed with the way I just jumped into a great pose and held it so steadily for so long. I skipped my long break because we'd gotten started so late. The woman I used to model for in her class at Castle Frank School of the Arts was in the sculpture class. She was frustrated about the time she had to work on her sculpture and asked me to pose for half an hour after school and offered me $6. I said I would need $10. She offered that for three-quarters of an hour and I said okay. But she said she'd be there at 17:00 and I needed to be gone by 17:30. I went and got two vegetable pakoras for $1 and I waited for her. She didn't show up until 17:05 and so I told her I had to go. I headed up to Runnymede and went into No Frills to buy some oranges, but they were too expensive and so I just left them on the counter and went for a coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment