Wednesday 1 February 2023

February 1, 1993: I found a lot of parallels between my life and On the Road by Jack Kerouac


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I got to work at the Ontario College of Art at 9:00. The teacher had the stage set up to portray some kind of post-apocalyptic hobo scene. There was a cute female model named Diana Dufretes there and we each sat at opposite ends of the stage, separated by the props. During the break I sat and read On The Road in a quiet voice but I didn't know if it was audible to anyone else. I told Diana about the parallels between my life and Kerouac's. She found it interesting but didn't share the experience. I read all through lunch and went to see Connie during the afternoon break. I got two Friday morning bookings along with information about bringing my daughter there on Tuesday night. I told her it was unbearably cold that morning and I had to complain so they let me wear a blanket while I was posing. I went home and cleaned up, then found a collage. I went to work but forgot that I was supposed to be there at 18:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment