Friday 17 February 2023

February 17, 1993: I carried my daughter while pushing her stroller


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I got up just before 10:00 and got dressed. I worked on astrological charts until I left to meet my daughter. Her mother was a little late but she brought the stroller. I tried to fit it into a locker in the subway station but it was too long, so I struggled onto the train with it. Finally I just set it up again and pushed it while I carried her. It took a long time to get to the school but she walked most of the way while playing with the snow. The writing book that I'd forgotten in the classroom the night before was still there. We struggled back and she fell asleep while I carried her in one arm. I strapped her into the stroller when we got to the subway. I wrote this as we were pulling into Christie Station. She slept until around 18:00 and when she woke up we ate, and then played until Nancy showed up to get her.

No comments:

Post a Comment