Thursday 2 February 2023

February 2, 1993: I took my daughter to work and the art students enjoyed drawing her


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I got up at around 7:45 and left for work at 8:00. I wrote this as the crowded streetcar was stopping at Pape. At that time of day it took an hour to get to the Ontario College of Art from the Beaches. I worked from 9:00 to 16:00 for Tom La Pierre doing a standing pose. The other model and I talked briefly in the morning but I guessed we didn't have much in common. 
            I got a message from Nancy's father that I was supposed to pick up my daughter from Nancy at the Eaton Centre between 18:00 and 18:30. Since she didn't show up by 18:45 I went to work. About three quarters of an hour into posing Nancy arrived at the classroom with my daughter. The instructor, Marie Charbonneau at first decided that we'd skip having the students draw my daughter because they'd already started something else. But Nancy insisted that I keep her and so Marie agreed. She didn't stay still for very long but the students seemed to enjoy drawing her anyway. After work I took the baby to her mother at Lime Ricky's. Later I met Mike Copping at La Maison Croissant on Yonge Street where we had coffee and then he drove me to Queen Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment