Saturday 4 February 2023

Jacques Lacan


            On Friday morning I blog-published "The Ache Inside", my translation of "Le mal mal intérieur" by Serge Gainsbourg. Tomorrow I'll start memorizing his song "Beau oui comme Bowie" (Fine Yes Like Bowie). 
            I weighed 84.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            I did my laundry in the late morning and it was face burning, eyeball chilling cold outside. 
            I went to Vina Pharmacy but my prescription hasn't been sent by my doctor. They sent the fax again today. I called my doctor's office and he's on holiday but I was told the prescriptions are just given to another doctor to handle and the receptionist said the pharmacy didn't send a fax last week but they got it today and that my prescription is going through. 
            I went up to David's place and I think his fridge has died. I don't think there's anything perishable in there but I texted him to ask if there's anything I should keep for him in my fridge. 
            I went to the corner store where they sell a lot of plants with the intention of getting David another rosemary. But the one rosemary plant they had is also dead. The guy said that rosemary is very hard to keep indoors because it dries out so easily in the winter. 
            I weighed 84.6 kilos before lunch. 
            I took a bike ride in the afternoon but my knee was bothering me a bit when I pedaled and so I only rode four times around the block. 
            I weighed 84 kilos at 16:15, which is the lightest I've been at that time in two weeks.
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:06. 
            I finished transcribing my handwritten thoughts on Jane Eyre into my essay document. 
            I found a copyable pdf of Jacques Lacan's lecture on the mirror stage and copied that into a document. I then edited that down to three pages of his main points. I still however don't understand most of the terminology that he uses because he's addressing a convention of psychoanalysts and using the language that they readily understand because it's their job and it's how they communicate with each other. I think I'll have to use some other articles that put his ideas in simpler terms. I'll just start organizing my essay and then see how the ideas apply. 
            I had a small potato with gravy and my last two chicken drumsticks while watching season 4, episode 21 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Granny has been reading the signs and she is convinced that Elly is going to be married soon. When she hears that Sonny Drysdale has returned home, she thinks that he is the groom. Milburn Drysdale, Sonny's stepfather would also like Sonny to marry Elly because that would bring him even closer to Jed's $50 million. After nineteen years of college, Drysdale has forced Sonny to leave his pretense of education and enter the work force. Sonny is very upset that his father would use such vulgar four letter words as "w-o-r-k". 
            Drysdale gets Sonny a job as a door-to-door salesman of beauty products. Sonny has the family chauffeur drive him from mansion to mansion and honk the horn but no one comes out. At the Clampett house Sonny has the chauffeur knock on the door and Sonny enters with his heart-shaped display case to sell Elly some beauty products, but the Clampetts think his brought Elly courting presents. Sonny thinks he has made a $1000 sale and Elly thinks he's given her the products. Finally Drysdale forces Sonny to go and propose to Elly, but she turns him down because she doesn't love him and doesn't think that he loves her. He doesn't think that matters because he is the most special person in the world. He is very upset about her turning down Sonny Drysdale. 
            I made it to ten days without finding a bedbug but I can't be too confident that they are gone since last June I went twelve days without seeing any and then they came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment