Saturday 25 February 2023

February 25, 1993: Michael Gerry saw my collage of a cat in space and told me he did similar work


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I worked at Central Technical School and it was a shortened day. It turned out that in Cheryl's class on Tuesday I wasn't supposed to model in the nude because the students were studying costume. But since Cheryl had been sick that day nobody told me. So this time in the first period I posed with my pants on. During my lunch break I went out to Kinkos and made a copy of my collage of the cat floating in space. I was looking at it before the afternoon class started and the instructor Michael Gerry noticed it. He told me that he did similar work. I finished at 14:30 and then went to have another copy made because there had been a speck on the original. I removed it and told them the mark on the copy was their fault and so I got it done for free. I went and purchased another hard cover sketch book at Gwartzman's for my writing. I went to Henry's and bought some developer and then I met Nancy at the McDonald's at Eaton Centre to spend some time with my daughter. She figured out how to work the electric eye on the water cooler. We walked around for an hour and a half until she fell asleep. Nancy showed up on time and I went to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment