Monday 13 February 2023

February 13, 1993: We finished selling flowers early because all of the flowers were freezing


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I got up at around 6:00, got ready, and headed down to Cash and Carry Flowers. The guy took my name down but told me to bring my identification on Sunday. They sent me to Newmarket but the spot wasn't very good and my feet were cold. So I waited until the Beer Store opened and went down there to ask if I could sell in front. They said yes and so I carried all my buckets of flowers over there. It was very cold but I did better there than I would have at the first location. We finished early because all of the flowers were freezing. I sold $220, which was the best in my group, but I only made $39 for myself. I went home and took a hot shower for an hour and it felt very good. Then I watched Deep Space 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment