Tuesday 15 June 2021

Ann Morgan Guilbert


            On Monday morning it was the sixth day since I found the bedbug that I probably brought home from where I got my first covid shot. I'm counting the days since the time I found it so that after ten days I can be more assured that it didn't lay any eggs. 
            I finished memorizing "Des les des les" (The Ugly the Ugly) by Serge Gainsbourg and searched for the chords online. I found one set and so I'll try them out on Tuesday. 
            I weighed 90.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning I returned to my oven cleaning project after more than a week of working on other things. I used baking soda, copper wool, a brush, a toothbrush and a cloth. There are a couple of little stains of black, caked in grease in the front corners of the bottom. It's hard to tell from looking while I'm working if it's getting much cleaner on the sides and at the back, but the water in the bucket is getting dirty so I must be doing something. I went through two buckets of soapy water. Comparing the photos from last time and this time I see that the sides are definitely cleaner now. 


            I weighed 89.6 kilos before lunch. I had kettle chips, salsa and skyr with a glass of orange juice.
            In the early afternoon there was a thunder shower, but it stopped while I was posting my blog and so I was able to take a bike ride. It was chilly after the rain but the sun came out before I reached Bloor Street and it lightened my mood. I weighed 88.8 kilos when I got home. 
            I worked on my poem series "My Blood In A Bug." 
            I uploaded the videos that I shot yesterday to my computer but they were both on their side. I searched online and learned I could flip them in VLC but that only seemed to work for viewing with VLC and it also cropped my videos. When I imported the videos to Movie Maker they were on their side again. I looked at another search result and it showed that there's a video editor in Windows 10 that flips videos. I imported one of the videos to the editor and found the rotation option. This time it worked without cropping and it also converted the file to MP4. I was able to import that file to Movie Maker in an upright position. It took several minutes to export the first one and so I'll do the other on Tuesday. Both videos look good though and I think they are just what I need to add clips from them to the next segment of my music video project for my song "Instructions For Electroshock Therapy." 
            I colourized another row of bricks in my skateboarder photo. 
            I finished digitally repairing the photo of my late friend Mike Copping's son Noah from the fall of 1987. I have one more picture from this roll to fix of a sunset on St. Clair and then I'll be ready to post them. 
            I had a potato with gravy and my last four pork ribs while watching two episodes of Andy Griffith. 
            In the first story Aunt Bee learns that her business tycoon cousin Bradford J Taylor, who owns large ventures in other countries, like plantations in Brazil and sheep farms in Australia, is coming to visit. But when he arrives Andy sees him getting off of a freight car. He learns that it's not that Bradford is a liar. He's more of an unsuccesful schemer than a scammer. He starts ventures that fail before they bear fruit and always reports on them before they fail, thus giving the impression that he has several large ventures on the go. Andy tells Bradford that he can only stay a couple of days and they won't mention him arriving in a box car. Bee throws a party in Bradford's honour and it's a big social event that Ella, the local society columnist reports on. At the party Bee serves her homemade ice cream and Bradford suddenly believes they can all get rich from it, so he asks the other partyers to invest. Andy had warned Bradford about just that sort of thing and asks him to leave right away. An investors meeting had been called at Andy's house and Bee is about to break it to everyone why there will be no ice cream enterprise when Clara comes in and says she just saw Bradford leaving town. She announces that Bradford was called away by the state department to solve the financial crisis in the far east. Bee decides not to tell the truth. 
            Ella was played by Ann Morgan Guilbert, who played Millie Helper on The Dick Van Dyke Show and Fran's grandmother on The Nanny. She played the mother of Sophia Loren's character in Grumpier Old Men. She appeared on Broadway twice. 





            Bradford was played by Jack Albertson, the brother of Mabel Albertson, who played Howard's mother. 
            In the second story Andy gets the flu and against his better judgement allows Goober to be in charge of the sheriff's office. He makes him promise to call him about anything that happens but he winds up giving out fourteen tickets and also wrecks the sheriff's car during the two days Andy is in bed. No one allows Andy to get any rest. Bee disturbs him by taking care of him, Goober blares the siren on the police car everywhere he goes, Emmett comes in to install a reading lamp in his bedroom and Howard comes to complain about Goober.

No comments:

Post a Comment