Sunday 27 June 2021

Jodie Foster


            On Saturday morning I worked out the chords to the intro and to about half of the first verse of "Lola Rastaquouère" by Serge Gainsbourg. 
            During song practice my Washburn went out of tune a lot but not for every song and sometimes I was able to get through three songs before it went off. 
            I weighed 89.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning I took a bike ride. It was overcast and a bit chilly but I warmed up as I got going. When I got back I stopped to pee and then headed out to the supermarket. 
            At No Frills I bought six bags of cherries, two pints of strawberries, a bag of kettle chips, mouthwash, a jug of orange juice and a container of skyr. 
            I weighed 88.3 kilos before lunch. I had saltines and five year old cheddar with a glass of lemonade. I took my usual ninety minute siesta but woke up feeling unusually tired. 
            I worked on my poem series "My Blood In A Bug." 
            I weighed 88.6 kilos at 18:00. 
            I worked on my project of making a video for my song "Instructions For Electroshock Therapy", trying to synchronize the concert footage with the studio recording of me singing, "Now turn the switch, the light is green." I thought at first that I needed to add more of the clip of the cord being plugged into my "Pipe Dream" sculpture in order to get the two parts lined up, but it turned out that I had to remove that and then delete some of the parts where my hand is moving toward the hole to plug in the cord. Once I got it close I quit for the day so I can focus the next time on getting them exactly together. 
            I finished colourizing the bricks in my skateboarder photo. Next I think I will add colour to some interesting white spots that are scattered throughout the image due to damage of the negative. 
            I posted the rest of the photos for my Facebook album "Bedouin Eyes" featuring photos I took in the fall of 1987. 
            I heated a rapini parmigiano sausage and had it on bread with sliced pickle, mustard and habanero sauce. I ate it with a beer while watching two episodes of "Mayberry RFD". 
            In the first story they decide to have a youth day and the three best students are selected to take over the jobs of sheriff, city councillor and county clerk for a few hours. Mike is to go with Andy, Arnold will be with Sam and Martin will be with Howard. The boys' teacher Miss Evans makes sure the boys study their positions well. But Andy, Sam and Howard are not prepared for how well prepared the boys are. They think it will just be a fun day but Mike comes to the sheriff's office with an extensive knowledge of protocal that embarrasses Andy. Arnold points out that Sam's zoning map is out of date and that it must be updated every year. Martin is well versed in the tasks of a county clerk but finds there is nothing to do with no customers. So the boys learned nothing from the day while Andy, Sam and Howard learn not to underestimate the young. They vow to be better prepared next year. 
            Miss Evans was played by Julie McCarthy, who had a few other supporting roles on TV shows.
            Martin was the first black kid we've seen in any Mayberry related show. He was played by Calvin Peeler. 
            Martin's father was played by Charles Lampkin, who played Pops in "Cocoon". 
            In the second story the church charity account is losing money. Their biggest draw has always been the annual church play that has been for the last seventeen years directed by Clara. But Clara puts on boring plays and they do more poorly every year. When Millie shows some knowledge of theatre, Sam asks her to direct the play. She finally accepts and decides to put on Sleeping Beauty. But Clara is bitter about being pushed aside and when she learns that Millie used to be a chorus girl she tries to get Millie fired as an inappropriate role model for children. The pastor is worried but Sam insists on Millie continuing even though he is a little worried himself. But the play goes very well and Millie even adds a chorus type extravaganza for the end after Sleeping Beauty is awakened by Mike as Prince Charming. Mike sings "A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody" while everyone dances. Even Clara is impressed. 
            The Good Fairy, who casts a counter spell to the Wicked Witch's curse, is played by a six year old blond girl named Jodie Foster. This was her acting debut although she had already modelled and performed in commercials from the age of three, most famously as the little girl in the Coppertone ads. She could read by the age of three and speaks fluent French. She dubs her own voice for French dubs of her movies. She graduated from Yale, having majored in African American Literature. She had recurring roles in the sitcom "The Courtship of Eddie's Father". Her first movies were Disney films and while shooting "Napoleon and Samantha" she was attacked by a lion and carried in its mouth, leaving scars on her back. At fourteen she became famous for her role as a teenage sex trade worker in Taxi Driver. Despite having given a famous coming out speech and having been married to a woman for several years she has never said she was "gay" or a "lesbian."





No comments:

Post a Comment