Wednesday 23 June 2021

Letícia Román


            On Tuesday morning I finished posting my translation of "Brigade des stups" (Dealing with the Drug Squad) by Serge Gainsbourg and memorized the first verse of his "Lola Rastaquouère". 
            During song practice my Washburn is still going out of tune but not horribly so. It actually stays in tune better than it did when I bought it, which is another negative refection on The Remenyi House of Music since they sold me a guitar that wasn't set up properly. 
            This time last year I was video recording my rehearsals, but I think I would like to get a haircut before I record this time. Plus I either need a usb extension cord for my desk microphone of I have to go out and buy a new mic for singing. 
            I weighed 89.1 kilos before breakfast. 
            After doing a full face shave, showering and doing the dishes there was no time to work on cleaning the oven door, so I just did a quick clean of my toilet and the bathroom floor. 
            I weighed 88.4 kilos before lunch. I had kettle chips, salsa and yogourt. 
            I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor. It was pretty chilly for a summer day and it took a while for me to warm up with pedaling. I returned in front of my building just as a beautiful thirty something woman of Indian descent was passing. Her curly hair was tied back and she was wearing sweat pants that showed off a nice big behind. She turned her head slightly as she passed. 
           I weighed 88.1 kilos when I got home. I worked on my poem series "My Blood In A Bug." 
           I cut some more unnecessary parts out of my video of an electrical cord being plugged into my "Pipe Dream" sculpture. I removed any sections where the sculpture is being accidentally or deliberately moved. I deleted the end after the cord is plugged in. I only need to show the cord fully plugged in once and so next I'll eliminate all but one of those parts. 
            I colourized some more of the bricks in my skateboarder photo and now there are only seven left. After that I plan to take advantage of some damage to the negative that caused small white circles to appear randomly throughout the picture in such a way that they almost look like bubbles. I'm going to add colour to those as well. 
            I got an email from Albert Moritz containing his suggestions for the completion of my poetry manuscript "Paranoiac Utopia." Most of them are minor changes and most are only suggestions, so I'll get to work on them tomorrow. I'll put the video project and the other poetry project on hold until I've sent him back the newly revised manuscript. He probably won't have any more suggestions after that and we'll focus on trying to get the book published, first with Exile Press. 
            I had a potato with gravy and two chicken drumsticks while watching the last two episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. 
            In the first story Goober is being a fifth wheel on Andy and Sam's dates with their girlfriends. The couples decide to try to find Goober a girl to keep things from being awkward. Andy and Sam notice a newspaper ad that features a computer dating service with a questionaire for applicants to fill out. They show it to Goober and he says he's going to try it. Meanwhile the psychologist who designed the questionnaire has decided to enter her own information as part of the experiment so she can go on a date with the person whose profile corresponds to hers and so to see if her system works. But when Goober answers the questions he misunderstands some of them. He says he reads thirty books a month even though they are comic books. He says he likes painting although he means painting barns. So by accident Goober's profile comes out as a match with that of Dr. Edith Gibson. They meet at Morelli's halfway between her home in Mount Pilot and his in Mayberry. It doesn't take long for them to realize they have nothing in common and yet they have a good time. This causes Edith to revise her system and in the end we see Goober with Andy, Helen, Sam and Doris. It looks again like Goober is the fifth wheel, but then Goober moves over beside Edith and we see that they are together. Edith was played by Nancy Malone who was the first female vice president at 20th Century Fox. She won an Emmy as a producer and was nominated for two directorial Emmys. She was also an expert equestrian, a painter, a poet, a football player and a baseball player. 


            The second story was less of a series finale for The Andy Griffith Show than a pilot episode of Mayberry R.F.D. Andy only played a secondary role. When Sam was in the army and stationed in Italy he made friends with a farmer named Mario Vincente. It's been seven years since they've seen each other and now that Sam needs help on the farm he has asked Mario to come to the United States. He is surprised however when Mario shows up with his sister Sophia and his father. Sam finds their excitable and strange ways very difficult to adjust to and he is sure that the Vincentes will have the same effect on everyone in Mayberry. But while Sam is trying to find an established Italian farmer to take them on the Vincentes are being welcomed by everyone in town. Bee organizes a town hall meeting and the place is packed with Mayberians greeting the Vincentes with open arms. Bee leads the choir in "O Sole Mio" which she thinks is the Italian national anthem. Sam realizes that the Vincentes are there to stay and accepts them living with him. 
            Sophia was played by Letícia Román, who came to the US as a teenager with her father. who was a costume designer for movies. She starred in Russ Meyer's "Fanny Hill", co-starred in "The Girl Who Knew Too Much", "El Lancero Negro", and in The Man From U.N.C.L.E film, "The Spy In The Green Hat". She speaks five languages fluently. She became a successful real estate broker in Beverly Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment