Monday 7 June 2021

June 7, 1991: I got a stand with a top I thought was arborite. When it broke I saw it was marble


Thirty years ago today 

            I had to be at Westway and Kipling for 9:00 on Friday but it took me more than two hours to get there and I arrived at 9:30. We moved an Italian couple from a small house into a mansion. 
            The customers gave me a night table but I thought the top was arborite made to look like marble. When I went to pick it up I found out it was really marble when it slid off and broke into several pieces. I took the stand and the pieces anyway. 
            They also gave me a painting with a tacky ornate frame that I wanted to make a collage on. 
            I struggled to Nancy's parents' place carrying the stuff and ran into Judy at the Bamburgh bus stop on Warden. She'd just dropped Mia off for a visit with Nancy and so as I crossed the playing field to the house I could see Mia ahead of me. When I got there I kissed Nancy and gave Mia a hug. 
            When we were discussing giving the baby a bath I referred to her as "Christian" but Nancy corrected me that her name was "True" and so we argued.

No comments:

Post a Comment