Saturday 26 June 2021

June 26, 1991: The customers claimed we'd nicked their TV table but the mark was too dark to be fresh


Thirty years ago today

            It had been very hot for the last couple of months and so I hadn't eaten much. 
            On Wednesday morning I was on site about twenty minutes before Dave and Gary. We moved the customers from Israel whose stuff Donny had packed the day before. They were quite nice and had a seven month old baby that was the same size as my one month old child. They gave us ice cream bars when we'd finished loading but during the unload they claimed we'd nicked their TV table in two places. However since the nicks were dark in colour it didn't make sense for them to allege that they were fresh. We argued a bit but they gave us each a $10 tip anyway. 
            I called Mike Copping about working on the office move on Thursday night. He said he would come and I cleared it with Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment