Wednesday 23 June 2021

June 23, 1991: In "War of the Roses" story of a couple slowly eating each other alive I saw parallels with Nancy and I


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I was at North York City Hall for 10:30 and met Ralph, Gary, Paul and Donny there. Two of the guys didn't show. We took a long lunch at Key West where Donny and I had a couple of beers and played some pool. We finished the job after lunch. 
            I went to Dairy Queen before heading back to Nancy's place. 
            Nancy and I watched "War of the Roses" but their TV was too dark to see a lot of the scenes and Nancy fell asleep anyway. But the story about the kinds of fights a couple can have driven to the extreme really touched me. In how they were slowly eating each other alive I saw parallels with Nancy and I hoped she would watch it before we had to take it back. 
            I was trying to stop buying Coke to drink at home because the sugar was getting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment