Friday 11 June 2021

June 11, 1991: I made a down payment on a Nikon FM with an auto-focus lens


Thirty years ago today

            After breakfast on Tuesday, Nancy, Susan and I watched "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" again. There were lots of pauses and rewinds to humour Nancy's wavering attention and the distraction of taking care of the baby. 
            I walked to the plaza with Nancy and then I headed downtown to look at cameras. I went to my bank and found that there was a hold on my account and they wouldn't give me anything. I argued for a long time but no go. I already had $140 on me and then I snuck $60 out of the machine bit by bit. I checked all the camera stores from Yonge and Gerrard to Queen and Sumach and finally made a $200 down payment at Vistek on a deal for a Nikon FM with an autofocus lens for $600. 
            I went to my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment