Saturday 12 June 2021

June 12, 1991: The naturopath recommended spraying salt water up the baby's nose and sucking out her snot


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday Nancy and I took the baby to a naturopathic doctor that she knew. Her father drove us and waited in the car for an hour. The doctor weighed the baby and she was 5.8 kilos with a full diaper. He said that babies accumulate mucous in the womb and discharge it after the first few weeks of life. He recommended spraying salt water up her nose and then sucking the snot out with our mouths. He also wanted to give her something called acidopholas to prevent candidas infection. I said that I would talk with the midwife first. When the doctor asked the baby's last name I was shocked when Nancy answered "Hammermeister." We had a long discussion with him as a moderator and he told me I should be a one woman man.

No comments:

Post a Comment