Monday 14 June 2021

June 14, 1991: I had the idea of "abreast with the times" and showing a woman reading the New York Times with one of her breasts exposed


Thirty years ago today

            I got a call on Friday morning from Wayne and he had work for me at 10:00. I went back to bed for a few hours and when I got up I sewed my shorts. I went to McCowan and Sheppard where Paul and I stood around for almost three hours. We started loading the 48 pianos that were bound for Ottawa and Montreal. We'd already gotten four in when Norm and Dave finally showed up. I helped Norm un-crate a grand piano and we loaded another five or six pianos before closing time. 
            I got a ride to Steeles and McCowan with Dave and his very friendly rottweiler. 
            Nancy and Susan were in the family room when I got back to their place. I made some chicken and we helped Susan with her school art project on the subject of puns. She used my suggestion of "a breast with the times", having a woman reading the New York Times with one of her breasts exposed. 
            We watched Woody Allen's "Manhattan."

No comments:

Post a Comment