Tuesday 8 June 2021

Rob Reiner Clean Shaven


            On Monday morning I memorized the fifth verse of "J'ai des locataires" (I Am A Landlord) by Serge Gainsbourg and almost nailed down the final verse. I shouldn't have any problem finishing the memorization tomorrow. 
            I saw a guy carrying a "men working" image sign sideways and noticed that in that position it looks like a climber falling off a mountain. 
            I weighed 89.8 kilos before breakfast. 
            At 12:05 I walked over to Vina but I was in front of the pharmacy at 12:07 and they email said that I shouldn't show up early for my shot. So I stood outside in the sun until 12:13. It felt like I was the first one to come for the vaccine because when I spoke to the pharmacist it seemed almost like a surprise. I was finally directed to someone who looked for my name on a list and asked me to confirm my birth day to make sure it was me. I was asked to sit down and wait and so I sat on one of their comfortable couches and read old English ballads until my name was called. I asked the woman giving the vaccine if I was the first but she said they'd already done about ten shots. She asked if I had any allergies to needles. I said only psychologically. She asked if I had any questions. I said I had a few jokes prepared but couldn't think of them now. 
           Then she gave me the shot and it was over in a second. I'd expected it to be painful but I guess after the needle penetrates the skin there's nothing beneath it to feel anything. It was less painful than giving blood samples for tests. She said I might feel headaches and that I shouldn't do any heavy lifting with my left arm. She asked me to sit for fifteen minutes in the waiting area just to make sure everything was all right. I sat on the couch and read "Barbara Allan." I felt a bit of a buzz that was like a mild dose of horse tranquilizer if I remember correctly what that feels like. I didn't exactly have a headache but I did feel slightly weird in the cranium. After fifteen minutes she gave me my receipt, which just confirms that I had one 0.5 ml dose of MODERNA COVID-19 mRNA-1273. I assume the vaccine for the second dose will be POSTMODERNA. 
            On my way home a guy approached to inform me that they were giving out Moderna shots at a church down the street. I'll bet there was a line-up on the street, whereas I got to sit down, relax and read on a couch while waiting. 
            I weighed 88.8 kilos before lunch. I had kettle chips with salsa and yogourt and a glass of orange juice. I didn't feel much of any side effects after I woke up from my siesta. Just a faint and subtle buzz that could be my imagination like when teenagers drop acid that turns out to be fake but keep thinking for a while that they're starting to get off. 
            I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor and home along the construction obstacle course that is Queen Street these days. I weighed 89.2 kilos when I got back. 
            I worked on my poem series "My Blood In A Bug." 
            I spent half an hour on my Movie Maker project of making a music video out of my song "Instructions For Electroshock Therapy." I synchronized the last two parts of the concert video and the studio audio where I play Am G Am before the vocal. Now I have to insert about fifteen seconds of one of the videos of the electrical cords I animated so that the beginning of the concert and studio vocals will match up. 
            I finished fixing the photo of me from Halloween of 1987 and started working on one of my late friend Mike Copping's son Noah from the same time. I have about two more photos from that roll of film that I want to edit and then I'll post them in an album.
            In the evening my left arm started getting sore from the needle that I'd had earlier. 
            I had a potato with gravy and three pork ribs for dinner while watching the last two episodes of the seventh season of The Andy Griffith Show. In the first story Opie has a school assignment to write a 500 word essay about the most unforgetable character he's encountered. He's trying to find someone to write about and Bee suggests his father. He tries to research it by asking Andy questions but his father doesn't seem to do much of anything interesting. Opie gets an F on his essay but gets a chance to do a rewrite. Andy gets very self conscious about the whole issue and starts to embroider stories about his life to make himself more impressive. He tells how he caught a wildcat with his bare hands but Bee tells Opie that the wildcat was sick and collapsed. He talks about pitching a no hitter but Goober tells Opie that Andy's team lost because he walked twenty players. Opie gets an A on his rewrite but it turns out that he wrote about Arnold's father, who is a doctor, awhile Arnold wrote about Andy. Opie explains that it's hard to write about the people one is closest to. 
            In the second story Wally's Filling Station is losing business because all the other gas stations are offering contests. Goober talks Wally into putting up $200 in prize money, which is divided up into, $5, $10, and $20 prizes. The plan is to have the prizes in envelopes for customers to open to see if they won something. For every five gallons of gas a customer gets one envelope. But when the printer prints up the prize certificates based on the $5, $10 and $20 amounts that Goober wrote down, Goober didn't draw a line to separate the total of $200 from the prizes and so the printer also prints a certificate for a $200 prize. On the final day of the contest Floyd buys fifteen gallons of gas and gets the certificate for $200. Goober tries to explain that it's a mistake but Floyd says he'll take him to court. Andy tries to tell Floyd he's being unreasonable but he won't listen. Andy decides there is only one solution and so the next time Floyd comes by the sheriff's office he is shocked and upset to see Goober in jail. He decides to waive Goober's obligation to pay him the prize. 
            One of the $5 prizes is won by Aunt Bee and she's very excited about it claiming she's never won anything before in her life. The writers ignored the fact that in the previous season Bee won over $1000 worth of prizes on a TV show. 
            This was the final episode in which Howard McNear appeared as Floyd. He didn't look well and he died the following January.
            I didn't recognize that one of the printers was played by Rob Reiner. I guess it's because I've never seen him totally clean shaven before. Rob was brought up at 48 Bonnie Meadow Road. When his father created The Dick Van Dyke Show, he made the address of Dick's character Rob Petrie as 148 Bonnie Meadow Lane. Before he became famous as Meathead on All In The Family he acted on various TV shows such as Batman, Gomer Pyle and The Beverly Hillbillies. He became a writer for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour in 1968 and his writing partner was Steve Martin. He was married to Penny Marshal from 1971 to 1981.



No comments:

Post a Comment