Sunday 6 June 2021

June 6, 1991: I thought there was a discrepancy in my cheque so I went all the way to the shop to find it was my mistake


Thirty years ago today 

            I didn't know if I was working on Thursday until 10:00. I had to meet Jim and Billy at Yonge and Steeles for 12:30 and so I sewed up my shorts and went. We went to Aurora to unload the possessions of that woman we'd loaded on Tuesday. She didn't give us a tip. 
            Jim had my pay cheque but I thought I noticed a discrepancy and so I went all the way back to the shop only to find that it was my mistake. 
            I got back to Nancy's parents' place at 17:40 and we had to get ready to go to her marketing group. She was very frustrated because she was always afraid of not meeting a schedule with the baby's erratic feeding times. We got a ride part of the way with Susan and then caught the bus to Don Mills and Eglinton where the group was in a hotel. The baby slept until halfway into the meeting and then started crying until I had to call for Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment