Monday 21 June 2021

June 21, 1991: The customer gave us stuffed animals and I gave the teddy bear to my daughter


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I met Jim and Bill at St Clair and Yonge and we moved a guy whose ex-wife we'd moved before. He was a big wig at TV Ontario and so was the woman he and his kids were moving in with at Spadina and Bloor. He gave us each a $10 tip and some stuffed animals. I got a floppy eared dog and a teddy bear. 
            I went to my place for a while and worked on some projects. Then I walked along Queen and got myself an ice cream cone before catching the Main bus.
            I named the dog "Woof" and gave the bear to Nancy. We used it to keep the baby from rolling back. I hoped it would become her favourite stuffed toy like the teddy bear I had when I was small that had only one eye and which I named "Jingles" because it had a bell in one ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment