Saturday 1 October 2022

October 1, 1992: A woman with a doll's voice and a Persian accent left me a message and concluded with "Bye sexy boy!"


Thirty years ago today

            I went to bed after midnight on Thursday morning and so I didn't have time for breakfast before leaving for work. I brought my most recent collage along and had it copied at Kinkos on my way to Central Technical School. I posed until 15:15, got ice cream on the way to the subway, and headed home. I started cleaning a negative before leaving at 18:30 to work at Artists 25. I posed until 22:00 and bought a pizza slice before going home. I called that woman Judy who had left me her number on Telepersonals. She didn't sound particularly experienced. She was forty years old and said she worked for the police. I was interested in meeting her, and we talked about maybe getting together on Saturday or Sunday. Another woman with what seemed like a Persian accent and a doll's voice called and said a couple of things that I couldn't make out but concluded with, "Bye, sexy boy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment