Wednesday 19 October 2022

October 19, 1992: Well endowed prime cut of meat, best before 2000


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I called Marie before I left for work. We talked briefly until her phone rang and then our conversation was disappointingly cut off. I met Rosemary at York Mills Station at around 9:00. We worked at the Humber Valley Art Club until 18:00 and then she drove me back. I headed straight for Parkdale to work for Tom Hendry's group. There were some impressive artists there drawing me. I got $37 cash and headed home. 
            There was only one response to my new Telepersonals ad, which went, "Once again I toss the camera into the sky of my mind in hopes that when it comes down it will reveal a little more of who I am as I beckon to other aliens of the opposite sex who might be shopping on this telephone meat market for any meat that hasn't been hanging on the line too long. Handsome, blonde, well endowed, well-built male, best before the year 2000."

No comments:

Post a Comment