Saturday 8 October 2022

October 8, 1992: My daughter ran onto a school playground to watch the girls skipping


Thirty years ago today 

            Nancy told me on Wednesday night that if I took the baby on Thursday, she could pick her up later. So that morning I went up to Scarborough and got her. We got off the Main bus at Kingston Road, walked west to Elmer, and then down to Queen. She ran into a school playing field to watch the girls skipping. We walked to Kew Gardens, and she went straight for the men's washroom so she could flush the toilet. She played a bit on the slide and the ropes, which she really wanted to climb but couldn't. Then she went back to flush the toilet. Then I took her to the sandbox where I observed that the older kids were extremely greedy. There was a five-or six-year-old girl who my daughter wanted to play with, but she kept moving away. So, my daughter went after her and began to kick her (affectionately?) while laughing. Then my daughter leaned her back against her until she left the sandbox. She followed her to the ropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment