Tuesday 18 October 2022

October 18, 1992: My daughter was running in and out of the driveway when she fell on her face


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I woke up to the sound of my daughter's voice. I looked up to see that she was in her mother's arms in the doorway of my bedroom. I got up after a minute or so and Nancy left. I was pretty groggy and needed a coffee and so I gradually got ready in between having to pick my daughter up. We walked down to Queen where I bought a big coffee at the coffee shop and got her a breakfast bar. She was running in and out of the driveway when she fell on her face. The inside of her lower lip was bleeding. She was in a bad mood most of the time all the way down to the beach until she fell asleep in my arms. I took her home and put her to bed. She woke up after about three hours and then Nancy called about picking her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment