Sunday 30 October 2022

October 30, 1992: Marie held my hand and then stopped because she didn't want to be caught


Thirty years ago today

             On Friday I worked at Central Technical School. Somehow, I'd lost the two song sheets that I'd brought with me to work on at lunchtime. So instead of hanging around the classroom I went to do some banking and transferred my rent money to chequing. I called Marie and we arranged to meet around 16:00 at a place called Macaroni. I went for a roti and then back to work. I went to meet Marie and ran into her as she was leaving Market Square and I found out that I had been walking in the wrong direction to get to Macaroni. We ended up going to Pat and Mario's where she had a juice, and I had a beer while we talked. We held hands a bit (her idea) and then we stopped (her idea) because she was paranoid. We hugged (my idea) before we split. I bought some beer and Kentucky Fried Chicken before going home to watch Star Trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment