Saturday 22 October 2022

October 22, 1992: My daughter chased a cat halfway around the block


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I got up around 9:00 and shaved. I called Nancy to tell her that I was on my way, but she said they were going to bring my daughter down to me, however, they wouldn't be there until 11:30. I gritted my teeth because I was depending on Nancy, which meant they would be even later than that. I showered, had breakfast, and started a collage. Marie called and told me we couldn't meet because she was sick. I hoped it was only a cold. I did about an hour of darkroom work before Nancy arrived. I took my daughter for a long walk up the nature trail and then along Kingston Road to Silverbirch. On the way south to Queen she chased a cat halfway around a block. She almost fell asleep in my arms but got distracted. We went to visit the lady in the variety store near my old place and then I took her home. After she fell asleep I called Marie.

No comments:

Post a Comment