Thursday 20 October 2022

October 20, 1992: It was hard for me to deal with Marie sneaking around on her husband with me


Thirty years ago today

            I had to rush to work on Tuesday morning and so I forgot to turn my answering machine on. I had time to buy a coffee and the paper on my way to George Brown College. I posed until 11:30 and then walked down to St. Lawrence Market where I had a coffee at The Golden Griddle. From there I called Marie and she said she'd come over. She took a long time. We talked about her lovers, how she'd had forty in the last ten years, and why she didn't leave her husband. I sensed that there was a bit more of an emotional distance between us than the last time we met. It was really hard for me to deal with the sneaking around on her partner. It sucked that she said she had a 16:30 curfew and didn't want me to walk her to her door. I went someplace for french fries and a couple of beers before going to work for Ross Mendez in Experimental Arts at the Ontario College of Art. he was impressed by my effect on his students.

No comments:

Post a Comment