Monday 31 October 2022

October 31, 1992: In a sombrero and with a drawn handlebar moustache my daughter went for her first Halloween


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday morning I picked up my daughter at around 10:30. She fell asleep on the way home and at midday I put her to bed. While she was down, I tried to get stuff done. I cleaned up a bit but not enough. I worked on projects and had something to eat. After she woke up, I didn't take her out because I was waiting for her mother to come, and I didn't know when she'd arrive and so we just played around the house. I actually got some work done for a while, even when she was awake. Her mother didn't show up until after dark when she was already a little bit sleepy again, but we took her out anyway. I put a sombrero on her head, drew a black handlebar moustache on her face, and blackened her eyebrows. At first, she started out on her first Halloween looking a little dazed and shy. But after a few houses she started to catch on and began to come forward with her little basket to receive the treats. Soon she was reaching for the stuff but after a couple of bars she was sleepy, and the hat was getting heavy. Her mother wanted to keep on going because she wanted more candy and finally, she wanted to take a picture. Everyone agreed that my daughter was incredibly cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment