Thursday 27 October 2022

October 27, 1992: Marie said on my answering machine, "You're intriguing, delectable, exasperating, and frightening"


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I worked at Central Technical School again from 9:00 to 15:15. At lunch I called Marie and we arranged to meet at 16:00 at the Market Lane. I finished my break in the classroom doing astrological charts. After work I did some banking and cashed my cheques. I went to meet Marie and I was there before her. When she came it felt awkward at first because I sensed an emotional distance between us. This was such a plastic situation in which to form a relationship. Anyway, we warmed up after we indulged in our minds and let our hearts go. We asked each other what we wanted with each other, and I guessed we both copped out by saying, "I want to get to know you better." When I got home there was a message from her on my machine saying, "You're intriguing, delectable, exasperating, and frightening."

No comments:

Post a Comment