Friday 21 October 2022

October 21, 1992: A lot of women were looking at me in my newly repaired coat


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday morning when I left for work, I forgot to turn my answering machine on again. I was at work with plenty of time to spare. At lunch, I got some fries and spring water. In the afternoon I noticed that I'd lost $20, I assumed through a hole in my pocket. I called Marie but she said her mother was ill and so she had to stay by the phone, so I headed toward home. I stopped at the cleaners to make the final payment on the repairs for my winter coat and left my jacket to be cleaned and repaired. I wore the coat on the way home and a lot of women were looking at me. I tried to reach Mike Copping, but I couldn't and when I called my daughter she wasn't interested in the phone. There was a message on my Telepersonals voice mailbox from someone named Judy who asked when it was okay to call me. I did an astrological chart and left for work. I wrote this in St George Station waiting for the northbound train to take me to Columbus Centre and I was all caught up on my journal before it arrived. I posed for the art group doing all gestures, but I wasn't paid that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment