Sunday 2 October 2022

October 2, 1992: My daughter and I picked plums in her mother's back yard


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I left home at around 7:30 for Earl Hague Secondary School. I was quite early and so I got off the subway at Eglinton Station to buy a coffee, then I boarded the next train to North York Centre and walked to the school. At the beginning of the class, I was supposed to do five-second poses but the teacher's idea of a second was about half a second longer than mine and so I did seven-second poses. The longest pose I did was three minutes. In the end, she gave me another booking. I went up to Finch Avenue and caught the Steeles bus to Nancy's place. She conned me into picking plums for her in the backyard. My daughter actually helped me for a while, but she kept wanting to carry one basket over to another, then place it on top, and then it would tip over. I picked four baskets for Nancy and then some for my daughter and I to take with us. We caught the bus, the train, and the bus to my place, and I put her to bed as soon as we got there. She slept a couple of hours and after feeding her we went for a walk. She found the playground in the park and drank some juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment