Wednesday 12 April 2023

April 12, 1993: I got the bottom of my running shoe caught in the escalator which ripped it half off


Thirty years ago today

            Monday was Nancy's birthday so she wanted to spend the day in bed and then go to a movie later. I made a deal with her that if she would promise to bring my daughter down to me early on my birthday on May 26, I would come and pick her up today. I was in a bad mood because on Sunday when we were at Harbourfront I got the bottom of my running shoe caught in the escalator and ripped it half off. On top of that, on Sunday night I thought I'd lost $15 when we went to see "Bob Roberts". So after picking up my daughter I went downtown to buy some new runners. I found my money at home. She didn't go to sleep until almost 17:30 and was still sleeping when I took her to give her back to her mother. She woke up in the subway while we were waiting for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment