Thursday 13 April 2023

April 13, 1993: My doctor said the rash might be herpes but it wasn't


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday when I got out of the Bathurst subway station on my way to work at Central Technical School, I went over to the Bloor Medical Clinic to book an appointment with Dr. Shechtman. But I was told that they didn't book appointments before 9:00 and so I went for a coffee and then headed to work. I posed first period for Cheryl Dudley but I forgot to bring trunks as she'd requested. I wrote this during the break in the middle of second period while working for Michael Gerry. I stayed in the room for lunch and went through most of my letters to Whitefeather when she was in prison back in the 1980s. After work I went back to Dr. Shechtman's office and they managed to fit me in in an hour. He gave me some cortisone cream for the rash on my knees and elbows and told me it might be herpes (but it turned out to be psoriasis). I met Mike Copping later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment